Tailings & Waste Rock
SRK Consulting has extensive experience with the design and operations of tailings and waste facilities. Our expertise covers projects for precious and base metals, using wet and dry disposal techniques, and for a range of climatic conditions. We can provide cost effective, practical and reliable solutions for your project.
Our design team provides a comprehensive range of services including site selection and feasibility studies, geotechnical and site investigations, detail design, contract administration and project management and closure. Specialized services include safety audits, flowslide analyses and risk assessments.
We also assist clients in the management of tailings operations, ensuring that the ongoing construction activities and stewardship of the facility is in accordance with the design philosophy and in compliance with permit conditions.
We assist in the design and implementation of performance monitoring systems including the selection and procurement of instrumentation.
- Site Selection
- Feasibility Studies and Financial Evaluations
- Geotechnical Investigation
- Waste characterization, Materials Handling and Disposal Assessments
- Design of Disposal Facilities
- Detailed engineering and Procurement
- Project management and Construction administration
- Construction quality assurance
- Operational Monitoring and Management
- Permitting and Regulatory Compliance
- Decommissioning and Closure
- Risk and Hazard Assessment