Over the past 25 years, SRK Consulting has extensively used Risk Analysis and Risk Assessment methods to facilitate decision making related to a wide range of mining and environmental projects. Each decision taken within the management cycle is a result of the risk management optimisation process of identifying, assessing, and controlling the risks. We have successfully helped our clients in the risk management process for projects that cover exploration, mining engineering, rock and soil mechanics, environmental and tailings and mine waste issues.
By implementing appropriate risk analysis and risk assessment methods we provide state-of-the-art solutions to our clients’ problems. Time and time again using the risk approach has resulted in significant cost savings for our clients by:
- Making well-informed decisions on the best utilisation of the available budget;
- Making defensible decisions on the amount of risk the company takes;
- Selecting the best alternative by conducting a cost-benefit or risk-cost analysis;
- Reducing the liability of the company and the insurance premiums;
- Facilitating a “trouble-free” permitting process.
SRK can provide you with a rational basis for making choices between alternative solutions; for prioritising action plans; and for negotiating with the authorities to demonstrate the efficacy of your proposals.
For existing projects, we approach problems using an interactive process to include the experiential base that exists in your organisation. Actual observations of, for example, failure frequency and failure type, may then be included in our analyses to assist in the calibration of models.
- Risk analysis
- Risk assessment
- Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Cost-benefit analysis
- Decision analysis