Heap Leach Engineering
Ore placement and solution management greatly influence the design and layout of earthworks for a heap leach facility. At SRK Consulting, our approach is to assess and optimize earthwork and lining requirements based on the topographical and geotechnical characteristics of the site, the engineering characteristics of the ore, and the environmental objectives for the project.
We have extensive experience with the design and operation of leach pads and leaching facilities. Our expertise covers projects for precious and base metals in a range of climatic conditions. We can provide cost effective, practical and reliable solutions for your project.
Our design team provides a comprehensive range of services including site selection and feasibility studies, geotechnical and site investigations, detail design, contract administration and project management and closure.
We assist in the design and implementation of performance monitoring systems including the selection and procurement of instrumentation systems. We assist in the analysis of monitoring results to develop action plans for optimizing heap performance.
- Site Selection
- Feasibility Studies and Financial Evaluations
- Geotechnical Investigation
- Column testing
- Detailed engineering and procurement
- Project management and Construction administration
- Construction quality assurance
- Operational Monitoring and Management
- Permitting and Regulatory Compliance
- Decommissioning and Closure
- Risk and Hazard Assessment