SRK Consulting’s extensive experience in geotechnical problems, ranging from deep permafrost to tropical forests, enables us to develop appropriate cost effective solutions tailored to your specific project requirements.
Our teams of geotechnical specialists combine their extensive expertise with sophisticated numerical modelling capabilities to develop cost effective solutions for a range of projects. Their activities range from detailed site evaluation for development, foundation investigations, preparation of designs and contract management, to investigation and presentation of specialist and expert opinions for technical or legal disputes. The team undertakes investigation and geotechnical design for buildings, roads, pipelines, bridges, water retaining structures and shallow undermining, as well as for embankments, fills and cuttings, lateral support and deep excavations and specialised foundations.
We provide services to a diversity of government and private sector clients in the areas of infrastructural developments and mass housing; property, industrial and tourism developments; quarrying and mining; farming, parks and forestry and coastal and environmental geotechnics.
- Geotechnical investigations
- Foundation investigation and design
- Lateral support and retaining wall design
- Groundwater inflows and slope stability
- Mine dewatering
- Borrow material investigations
- Dam design and safety inspection
- Cuttings and embankments
- Foreshore erosion prevention
- Geological hazard assessment
- Terrain stability analysis
- Tunnelling monitoring and instrumentation
- Solid waste management
- Dam engineering
- Geotechnical risk assessments
- Advanced geotechnical engineering
- Project management
- Soil/structure interaction
- Simulation modelling and development of superior geotechnical solutions
- Composite liner design